When Diving In Can Harm Your SkinBoiron Wellness Blog
Every summer, millions of people flock to pools, oceans, and lakes to feel refreshed when heat and sweating are inescapable. Unfortunately, you may not be able to hide from the resulting skin issues. The good news is they can be easily mitigated with a few key homeopathic medicines.
Bacteria and germs thrive in moist, warm environments. That’s why athlete’s foot is oh-so-common among swimmers. This fungal infection easily spread in bathrooms, changing rooms, and other recreational areas where people are often barefoot. Of course, anti-itch creams and powders can be used, but homeopathy has solutions. Arsenicum iodatum 6C (also available to order at your local health food store) is used to relieve itchy lesions due to fungal infections.* Graphites 6C can be added if the lesions are accompanied by ooze and crust.*
The viruses that cause warts are also contagious and frequently spread through shared towels and surfaces around the pool. Thuja occidentalis 30C, the homeopathic preparation of white cedar, will painlessly treat warts of various appearances, including the plantar kind.*
Suffering from itchy or dry skin, or even a rash after a day in the water? You’re not alone. Chlorine and other pool chemicals are known skin irritants, especially when kept at high levels like in public pools. Even lakes, ponds, and oceans may harbor things that can cause skin problems (think sea lice, algae, and parasites — eek!). Staphysagria 6C helps relieve skin rashes with itching and hypersensitivity to touch.* For itching that’s triggered by heat, water, or contact with wool, try Sulphur 6C.
The dosage for each medicine is five pellets three times a day, but as with most homeopathic medicines, the frequency can be increased or reduced as symptoms change.
*Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated.
Thuja Occidentalis 30C Pellets Value PackBoiron Thuja pellets provides a painless alternative to remove common warts.* It’s recommended to dissolve five slightly sweet pellets under the tongue twice a day until warts disappear.$17.99 $17.99
- The single active ingredient is a homeopathic dilution of the evergreen tree.
- No known side effects.
- No known interaction with other medications or supplements.
- Melts under the tongue without water, chewing, or swallowing pills.
- Contains three multidose tubes of Thuja 30C pellets for the price of two (approximately 80 oral pellets per tube).
- Available over the counter, the value pack provides approximately 48 doses.
- Boiron’s skin care line includes Calendula in a cream, gel or ointment.
- Main Indication: Warts
- Common Name: White cedar
- Main Indication: Skin rash worsened by heat and water
- Common Name: Sublimed sulfur
- Main Indication: Promotes healing of surgical wounds
- Common Name: Stavesacre
- Main Indication: Helps reduce scars
- Common Name: Graphite
- Main Indication: Symptoms of food poisoning
- Common Name: Arsenic trioxide