Give Your Feet A Treat!
Your feet are the farthest body part from your heart, but they’re one of the most important! They take a beating every day, supporting your weight and keeping you balanced so that you can stay mobile. Together, feet contain a little over 50 bones and more than a hundred muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Naturally with age, these structures wear down and problems can develop, including arthritis, dry skin, and swelling.
You can help keep your tootsies in tip-top shape with these simple tips to help prevent foot problems down the road.
- Check your feet daily for blisters, cuts, and other injuries that may have developed.
- Practice good foot hygiene by washing them daily with mild soap and drying thoroughly, especially between your toes. Also, take care to regularly trim your toenails to avoid infection and ingrown nails.
- Wear the right footwear. Don’t wear shoes that rub or pinch your feet, which can cause blisters and calluses. If you’re on your feet a lot, look for shoes that are supportive and comfortable. Runners and athletes should choose shoes that protect the feet and absorb shock from impact.
- Lather up with moisturizer. Foot skin gets thinner and drier as you age, which can lead to cracking, splitting, and pain. The perfect time to apply moisturizer is when your skin is hydrated right after a bath or shower.
- Arnicare FootCare is a new addition to the Arnicare line of pain relievers and is ideal for foot massage. This moisturizing cream spreads smoothly to soothe sore feet and other aches and pains from overuse and minor injuries.* The only active ingredient is Arnica montana, a type of mountain daisy. Arnicare FootCare is free of parabens, dyes, and fragrances.